Sunday, September 21, 2014

"Right-Fit Books"

As part of learning how to be an excellent library citizen,  this week we focused on choosing the "right book for me".  We read about Goldie Socks and her adventures into the Three Libearians' household.  Goldi Socks showed us how to chose just the perfect book.  Then we practiced using the 5 finger rule when selecting our own library books for check out.   


The students were excited about browsing through the library selection and finding "just the right book".  



Just Right Books
*  The book is new to me and the topic is interesting to me.
* I understand what is happening in most of the story.
*I can retell what I have read.
*I recognize most of the words on the page, but there are some words to work on.
*I can read the book by myself but may need help if I hit a tough spot.  




No comments:

Post a Comment