Sunday, October 2, 2016

So, Sad...



Image result for image of the thank you book

We are saddened to hear that Mo Willems wrote his last Elephant and Piggie book in the series.  We read, laughed, asked a zillion questions, and loved our time with this book this week.

Here's an excerpt from Publishers Weekly article from Mo Willems:

“Twenty-five is a lot. I guess if you don’t know how to read by now you never will,” Willems wisecracked. “But seriously, I knew from the beginning that Elephant & Piggie would be my life’s work. The part I have enjoyed the most is where they stopped being my invention and I could just put them in a position – say, have a snake show up – and they would essentially write the story for me without being bombastic or difficult like the pigeon.”

We are anxiously awaiting Willems new book in which the artwork is all done with cut paper.  

 Image result for nanette's baguette images

If you are looking for a good read aloud for your family I would encourage you to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment